Better Looking, Better Living, Better Loving is about the chemistry of grooming, health, food, and love making, and the products we buy to improve these areas of our life.
There are also chapters dealing with new materials for turning sunlight into electricity, new products for the home, and new ways of restoring works of art to their original state.
- Published: 2007
- Publisher: Wiley-VCH
- ISBN: 9783527318636 (hbk)
- Did you know?
- The cover of this book was going to be a picture of a young couple enjoying a relaxing bath together, but when the US publishers saw it they were horrified, saying no decent American would be seen buying such a book. So they designed a cover of their own which may hint at the subject matter but hardly inspires you to buy it. However, when the German edition of the book was published it reverted to the original cover. The subject matter is the role of chemistry in everyday life, or at least in products that have a personal impact on our appearance, health, and sex life. There are many other topics also covered in the book.
Table of Contents
- Introduction - The right chemistry
- Better looking (I) : Hair, eyes, teeth, nails
- Better looking (II) and better living (I): Medical advances
- Better loving : the not-so-dirty weekend
- Better living (II) : Improving our diet
- Better living (III) : Minor metals for major advances
- Better living (IV) : Chemistry in the home
- The Better Looking (III) : The art of the chemist